Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SoundLab Owners Group
Owner's Group

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Toroidal One, AU Transformers, Cross Over Caps etc (Read 1712 times)
William
Ex Member

Toroidal One, AU Transformers, Cross Over Caps etc
Jul 8th, 2013 at 7:44pm

Hi Guys

I have a box full of SL upgrade parts for sale.

I have done almost all the mods described in SLOG and is happy to provide information regarding them when you get these parts from me.

They are going cheap, and I have multiples in as new condition.

Cheers
William

IP Logged

samujohn
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.5.2!

Re: Toroidal One, AU Transformers, Cross Over Caps etc
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 9:01pm

Hi William,
I have M3 power supplies from 2000 that have the toroid transformer. What do you have for sale that would help me?
tks,
Samhttp://www.soundlabowners.com/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/tongue.gif

IP Logged

William
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 8:26pm

Hi Guys

Sorry for some unanswered email. Just a bit busy lately.

I have quite a lot of unorthodox parts that I have tried which may not be useful to many but the experimenters.

Perhaps I will list the ordinary stuff:

1) 7 units of SL Toroidal 1 at $150 each inclusive of postage to the US.

2) 4 units of AU90 transformers (check out SLOG archive for reviews and installation) at $400 each inclusive of postage.

3) 10 units of 36uF matched AmpOhm PIOs (3 inch diameter and 11 inches long) at $90 each inclusive of postage.

4) 6 units of 10uF Audio Cap (original parts taken from SL hot rod) at $45 each inclusive of postage.

Please note that I will be shipping from Australia by air.

William

IP Logged

bk12
Ex Member

Life is Good

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2013 at 6:09pm

Quote:
3) 10 units of 36uF matched AmpOhm PIOs (3 inch diameter and 11 inches long) at $90 each inclusive of postage.

Hi William,

I would like 2 of the large caps.  Please send over your PayPal payment information and I will get funds sent over.  Thanks!

IP Logged

gwho
Ex Member

Life is Good

Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2014 at 4:41pm

William,

I am just learning about the upgrades for the inteface.  I am trying to read through the threads although it is a little confusing.  I would like to convert the interface for bi-amping.  I would also like to upgrade the crossover.  I have an older (1995 A-1's) but it does have the Gen I toroid.  Do I want to change out the stock resistors, capacitors, and inductor?  Are these the components you are selling. 

Regards,
Gary

IP Logged

William
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2014 at 9:30pm

Gary

I suggest you read through all the relevant posts.

There are now many mods from your version up to Toroid 2.

Highly recommend Toroid 2 or AU90. Both will bring up the efficiency of your speakers. Single stereo 150 watt amp would be sufficient with this mod.

William

IP Logged

gwho
Ex Member

Life is Good

Reply #6 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 7:43am

I will continue reading. I can diy if the instructions are clear or it is not too difficult.  Are you still selling components?  If it is not too much trouble could you list by priority the changes that provide the most sonic benefits to implement. I assume all the changes should benefit whether you use a ss or tube amp.  Do you still advocate bi-amping as there are many amps now that have both high current and high voltage capability.  Your logic in bi-amping and blending with two amps makes a lot of sense to me.  Also I might be able to use a cost efficient stereo amp on each speaker instead of expensive monoblocks.

All the best,
Gary

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print