Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SoundLab Owners Group
Owner's Group

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Bass Focus Technology (Read 836 times)
John V
YaBB Newbies

Life is Good

New Bass Focus Technology
Nov 8th, 2016 at 10:04am

As gl mentioned recently Soundlab has incorporated a new technology into all of their models they refer to as Bass Focus. The new technology is claimed to improve bass dynamics dramatically.

I've attached a tech bulletin describing Bass Focus.

John

IP Logged

Miko1971
Ex Member

Re: New Bass Focus Technology
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 5:50pm

Reminds me of Dunlavy speakers. Seems like a good idea. But where is the trade off? Increasing bass panel size you have to decrease something else or am I missing something?

IP Logged

gl
YaBB Newbies

Life is Good

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 8:00pm

I have them and the bass is the best I have heard from this speaker.
The midrange actually has less distortion then the regular PX panels.
Overall a better design, Roger has done it again, amazing.

IP Logged

EZ
YaBB Newbies

Life is Good

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 6:00am

To GL. Which model do you have and could you give a few more details of the sound of the new Bass Focused panels compared to what you have heard in the past. It looks like a D'apolito setup for electrostatics.

IP Logged

Paul Reale

Life is Goop

Re: New Bass Focus Technology: another way to do it
Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 9:01am

know about the new technology, but I went in a different direction. Having heard about the Enigmacoustics Sopraninos, which are large, turned around electret condenser microphones, used as transducers, I bought two pairs, wired them up in series, and attached them to the terminals of my PX panels. In series the sops have an impedance of 8 ohms and act more like a line source when separated. The result is that all spectra are clearer and more defined, because the first few milleseconds of sound can be finally reproduced. The settings I used on the sops was -3 db and crossover at 10KHz. You would not think that a super tweeter would have such an effect on all frequencies. Things like plucked strings and percussion take on new life. Of course, my mod costs almost $10,000, with the addition of Batpros on the surround channels.

IP Logged

gl
YaBB Newbies

Life is Good

Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 11:56am

My two cents, the bass cells are now at the top and bottom with the highs and mids in the center of the panel. The bass is no longer coming from the bottom only so the distribution is more even now.
The highs and mids are coming from the center of the panel instead of the top of the panel and the sound is better overall with less distortion on piano notes and heavy modulated voices. Hope this helps.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print