Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SoundLab Owners Group
Owner's Group

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Enigmacoustics sopraninos (Read 827 times)
Paul Reale

Life is Goop

Enigmacoustics sopraninos
Dec 18th, 2016 at 11:51am

I am about to try the Enigmacoustics Sopranino super tweeter with my M-1 PX's. I would say that there is probably a 50-50 chance that they will do nothing to enhance the sound. Mr Wei- Lips SealedChang of that company thinks that they will work in the same manner as with the Quads.

IP Logged

Miko1971
Ex Member

Re: Enigmacoustics sopraninos
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 6:43am

It would probably make a difference with what you are using as source material. CD is cut off at 20,000 hz. Some of the new DSD and DXD have tremendous upper limits that depending on the program, you may hear a bit more air.

A lot of it depends on proper phase...I would wonder about beaming. Let us know how you think it sounds!

IP Logged

Paul Reale

Life is Goop

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 10:40am

Evidently, there is a lot of stuff in this month's Absolute Sound (Jan. 2017) where in two articles it is mentioned that the midrange is affected because of the speed of the Sopraninos, and there is no competition for the high register. Another article I read says that the Sops. had no effect of the performance of Maggies. We'll see. I plan to put the Sops. on the outside of my panels around 40" off the ground with a slight toe in.

IP Logged

Miko1971
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 1:41pm

That is the ultimate tool, placement. Don't get too caught up in where its supposed to sound right. Let your ears be the guide!

IP Logged

Paul Reale

Life is Goop

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:33am

Having some time to listen to my M-1 Px's wit hthe Sopraninos, I would say that because of the Sops  speed, all kind of information in the attacks of instruments is suddenly revealed. I noticed particularly the plucked strings of  a harp in the orchestra and pizzicatos in general. They definitely provide more sonic informaiton.

IP Logged

Jian
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 9:34pm

The Sopraninos is point source but Sound Lab panels are line source. It may be mismatched. I am using 4 fountek ribbon tweeters on the front of the panel and two fountek ribbon tweeters on the back of the panel.

IP Logged

Paul Reale

Life is Goop

Reply #6 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:45am

Actually, with proper placement, there is no mismatch. THe Sopraninos are about 40 inches off the ground and at the outer edge of the panels, about 12 feet apart. With a crossover point setting of 10K, they integrate perfectly. I wanted to try them, because so many people were happy with them aded to stacked Quads. IT is really their speed that creates the better believable illusion.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print