Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SoundLab Owners Group
Owner's Group

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My updated plates are on the way! (Read 680 times)
Miko1971
Ex Member

My updated plates are on the way!
Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:21am

I must say Dr.West and the crew at SL are really a very nice group of people to work with. I asked for a couple special options and they went out of the way to accommodate me.

I asked for the complete upgrade plus the installation of silver WBT terminals and Neutrick PowerCon inputs. They just shipped them out today. Pictures and thoughts to follow.

Merry Christmas!!! (To me)....

IP Logged

Paul Reale

Life is Goop

Re: My updated plates are on the way!
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2016 at 5:13am

You will like the upgrades. I have had the hotrod stuff for about a year, and it is really trick. However, I must warn you that break in time is huge (maybe 200 hrs.) PSX's will sound bright at first (turn down treble and gradually bring it up to about 2 o clock). Why you want the Neutrick power stuff is beyond me, since you can't use any aftermarket power cords with it. I am using short Cardas cords with woodblocks (from the 80's) . I am also using Bybee's connectors on the speaker wire, which is Kimber *TC.

IP Logged

Miko1971
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 4:27am

You can use most any rationally sized cord. I have a Audio Horizons Platinum Power Cord with a Neutrick on my Pre Amp.

I got the plates home and they don't fit! The plastic riser is not tall enough to clear the massive new parts...

IP Logged

Miko1971
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 2:41pm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print