Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SoundLab Owners Group
Owner's Group

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pop and rushing noises on Soundlab A1 (Read 405 times)
ElectrostaticLover
YaBB Newbies

Life is Good

Pop and rushing noises on Soundlab A1
Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:53am

Wanted to know if any user has encountered short popping noises with static like rushing noises on Soundlab speakers.

Purchased a set with Toroid 1 interfaces and after adjusting the bias properly intermittent annoying pops keep coming one channel more than the other. Have sent the back plates to Soundlab for examination. I do not hear any distortion from the panels in playing a variety of music. I wonder if the panels would also need to be replaced. The original speakers were built in 1988 and the updated backplates in 2006.

I am now the second owner of these A1s.

IP Logged

George Henschke
YaBB Newbies

Life is Good

San Diego, CA
Re: Pop and rushing noises on Soundlab A1
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:51am

I have 14 years of experience with several different Sound Lab full-range and hybrid speakers.  Generally speaking if you hear an issue everywhere on a panel it's a backplate issue.  If you hear it only in certain spots of a panel it's a panel issue.  My guess is you have a panel issue.  Good luck and let us know how it works out.
Cheers,
George

IP Logged

ElectrostaticLover
YaBB Newbies

Life is Good

Re: Pop and rushing noises on Soundlab A1
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:09pm

Thanks very much. We shall see. I wonder if it is the panel why this would be so? It seems then that the longevity of these are very short lived. If Soundlab replaces these with new panels the price seem reasonable but I hope the durability improves.

I own IRS Betas and their ribbons are still perfect. Also the high frequencies on these Soundlab are quite a bit rolled off. Maybe is the thick grill cloth that are there now that do not let those highs blossom. Plates have Toroid 1.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print