Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SoundLab Owners Group
Owner's Group

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
brilliance settings, speaker cable options and twe (Read 271 times)
Yoshi
YaBB Newbies

Life is Good

brilliance settings, speaker cable options and twe
Mar 25th, 2017 at 11:08am

To the SLOF:

1.  Been using Kimber 8TC speaker cables, which are too long for our new condo, I am reaching out for feedback on cables that represent great value, and will up the performance of system.  I have recapped and modified VTL tube amps running in triode mode, with 120 watts available.

What works for you?

2. Are there any DIY upgrades to the backplate that are reasonable straightforward for a hobbiest?

On the pre- toroidal backplate units, to date my Pristine 2, I have found that the apparent highs are very sensitive to minor increases in adjustements to the brilliance settings from 12:30 on the brilliance dial, up by 1/32" or less.  I hear a quick rise in apparent high frequency presentation, and a corresponding minor suck out of the midrange. Coupled with Minor toe- in increases ( which are very impactful at closer listening position), there have resulted in many adjustement to optimize and dial in the overall system balance, with soaring highs and balanced midrange fullness.  It's all part of the hobby, and I would like to know others experience in achieving the balance in your environment.  My room is relatively small, but has 11' height which adds a nice dimensionality to the experience.
Any comments from the group on settings and system balance?

Thanks for reading...
K

IP Logged

ST
YaBB Newbies

Life is Good

Re: brilliance settings, speaker cable options and twe
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 8:13pm

Yoshi wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 11:08am:
To the SLOF:

1.  Been using Kimber 8TC speaker cables, which are too long for our new condo, I am reaching out for feedback on cables that represent great value, and will up the performance of system.  I have recapped and modified VTL tube amps running in triode mode, with 120 watts available.

What works for you?

Hi,

I am satisfied with Mogami W3082. But my speaker cables are rather short (less than 1 meter).

Can't help with (2) and (3).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print