Reply To: Schematics for AU90 transformer modification

home Forums General Discussion Schematics for AU90 transformer modification Reply To: Schematics for AU90 transformer modification

John V
Participant

Hi lotus123,

Here is a copy of am email I received in 2012 showing the brackets made to hold the AU transformers:

Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2011 10:04 AM
    To: ‘acousticsupplies@gmail.com’
    Subject: FW: brackets for tranformers

Hey Will – Here is the info I sent Lew on subject…Let me know if you have any questions…David

PS: Make sure when you do the cutouts in plate 3 that you leave enough room on the outside edge for the machine screws. They are right at the edge…

Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:51 PM
    To: ‘markoffl@yahoo.com’
    Subject: RE: brackets for tranformers

Hey Lew – Here is a quick sketch of how I made the mounts. All three pieces are ¼” acrylic. The cut outs should be large enough for you to get a nutdriver on the nuts that fasten the mount to the backplate. I can’t replicate them as I would have to take my backplates apart to measure spacing and sizes again, etc…The finished mount is removable. The 4 – 8/32 or 10/32 machine screws should be tightly threaded from the underside of plate 3 to avoid slippage when fastening the transformer nuts…Let me know if you have any questions…There may be a more elegant solution but I was in a hurry when I made them…After the picture (below) of the backplate was taken, I removed the brilliance pot from the circuit and hardwired the transformer connections with Valhalla..only because I had it already from the original backplates.…Also while the 1.5 sledgehammer is still in place I have it switched out. I’ll probably remove it at some point. Let me know if you have any questions…

David

—– Forwarded message —–
    Date: Thu, Aug 18, 2011 10:35 am
    Subject: brackets for tranformers
    To: “dmcclesk@swbell.net” <dmcclesk@swbell.net>

Dear David,

Is there any chance you can get me a pair of the brackets you made or had made for mounting the 90:1 transformers in the backplate? I would pay all costs, of course. If not, perhaps you can send me a drawing or plan for making them here.

Lew

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.