Reply To: Schematics for AU90 transformer modification

home Forums General Discussion Schematics for AU90 transformer modification Reply To: Schematics for AU90 transformer modification

lotus123
Participant

Ha ha John, I think you were the one who sold me your unused AU90 about 5 years ago? If not, thank you along with D10 and Hifibuff for all your help. I am going to get interestingly busy to tackle the long awaited project over the holidays.

I just responded to a SLOG member about the new Prestige 1 speakers. Don’t expect Earth Shattering improvement, although the AU90 mod was and is an earth shattering improvement over stock. I was bothered by the mid range suck out in the 100 hertz to 160 hertz region in my M845s. No reviewer ever highlighted this flaw in any of the reviews. Evidently, we listen with our wallets, and the pocket is deep enough to silence any upfront critics in this smoke and mirror cottage industry of hi end stuff. When I get to audition Lew’s system in Maryland with the mod, the speakers transformed. It became so efficient that the music came through with utterly clarity and punchiness. I guess all the signal was not being absorbed by the passive components in the stock back plates. Mostly importantly, the mid range suck out was remedied.