Reply To: Who Uses a subwoofer(s)?

home Forums General Discussion Who Uses a subwoofer(s)? Reply To: Who Uses a subwoofer(s)?

ACHiPo
Participant

I find that the “swarm” approach of multiple subs works well in my room. Each sub is set up and positioned and phase/volume adjusted individually to minimize room modes. In addition to spacial reinforcement, multiple subs minimize the work each sub needs to do since the overall effect is additive.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/a-diy-swarm-based-distributed-bass-array-for-sota-bass

The swarm subs had a bigger impact with my Kef Ref 207/2 dynamic speakers, but I find the SoundLabs benefit from them as well.

I have 2 12” Rythmik subs stacked centered between and ~2’ behind my Majestic 745s. I have a DIY dual 10” opposed sub positioned in the null to the right of my primary listening position. This is slaved to the Rhythmiks. Low pass is set at 40 Hz and bass in the room goes below 20 Hz. The main benefits are venue ambience and a bit more excitement/emotion on bass and drum heavy music.