Reply To: Virtual Factory Tour?

home Forums General Discussion Virtual Factory Tour? Reply To: Virtual Factory Tour?

TWB

As a dealer over the last 20 years, I’ve been there several times to p/u and/or drop off product. The “factory” consists of a large metal building adjacent to the residence of Dr. West where they do final assembly, testing, and preparation for shipment. In essence, they are built to order, one at a time. Typically, there will be several pair on site at any one time, some being upgraded. Not much to photograph, certainly no “tours”!

If you choose to go for a visit, be aware that Gunnison is a very small farming community of about 3600 people, in the middle of nowhere, about 1.5 hours south of Salt Lake City. The only place I saw to stay reminded me of the Bates Motel! One restaurant (burgers). Since I was towing a cargo trailer, I camped. Take note of the SL crates in the trailer. I slept on top of them!

Brett, shown in the interior photo, is the production manager and a member of the family. If you ever need help, he is the one to talk to. A great asset!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by TWB.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.