Reply To: Shipping A-3PX without crates—need help

home Forums General Discussion Shipping A-3PX without crates—need help Reply To: Shipping A-3PX without crates—need help

jim1274
Participant

Thanks much for the both the Connie suggestion and “Craters and Freighters” tip. If I had the original crate plans, I’d be on the horn getting a quote pronto. Since one option was to make crates here and ship empty to the owner, probably cheaper to just make and send, but definitely worth comparing options. I have no clue what freight cost would be for empty boxes, but maybe enough to pay the premium for someone to build out that way. My friend lives in the middle of nowhere on the west coast, so this isn’t going to be cheap no matter what method is used. No big deal—I think the Soundlabs are going to be exactly what I’ve been looking for.

I have another concern that probably should be put out there in another thread, but might as well ask here in case someone watching this has an answer:

I understand that the panels use a high voltage bias. I looked carefully at the Soundlab web site and saw the panel diagram and description, but can’t get my arms around what the cross section looks like. My concern is possibility of our cat scaling up it and getting shocked, but can’t figure out if the electrical part is enough back from the front and back grill cloth to not be hit by a claw. I don’t anticipate this being an issue, but certainly a
    Possibility. If the cat could somehow hit the stator is that potentially lethal?