Any experience with Sanders ESL Mk.II mono or stereo amps…

home Forums General Discussion Any experience with Sanders ESL Mk.II mono or stereo amps…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      MikeB
      Participant

As they’re relatively comparable in price, it would be informative to hear from anyone who has heard the Sanders ESL Mark II ($6k) (&/or Sanders Magtech $7k) with a pair of Benchmark AHB2’s ($7k/pair) (and of course when paired with SoundLabs).

Yes, I’m running Roger Sander’s Magtech amps with my Ultimate 845’s and they sound great, although I would like to get a little more tube type juiciness into the sound.

I have now incorporated four subs in with my SL and that is working quite well. Having the subs take on 100hz and lower has freed up the power requirements of the panel, thus allowing me to consider some “lower” powered amps/tube amps. So, I’m working on that now, but the Sanders amps perform very well.

angaria
        Participant

Apologies for that double post – would add that the presentation of the magtech is very similar to recent Purifi amps, if you’ve heard one of those. They both lack the harsh treble that (I felt) was present on early classD implementations.

angaria
          Participant

I’ve heard them with Roger’s ESL’s and they were excellent… very clean, no signs of strain, but not harsh. Can’t guarantee that will translated to your speakers, but I’d consider them.

angaria
            Participant

I’ve heard them with Roger’s ESL’s and they were excellent… very clean, no signs of strain, but not harse. Can’t guarantee that will translated to your speakers, but I’d consider them.

jeffreybehr
              Participant

FWIW, Sanders Sound Systems’ Roger Sanders recommended his Magtech stereo amp, and I’ve ordered one. The only difference between the ESL and Magtech versions is that the former’s main powersupply is fully regulated.

https://www.sanderssoundsystems.com/products/amplifiers/magtech-amp

Initially I’ll be driving my Vandersteen model 7.2s with it.

jeffreybehr
                Participant

…powering your Sound Labs?

They sure ‘sound’ good on paper, and they’re earned some very positive reviews.. Affordable, too.

Viewing 6 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.