Majestic 745s and PS Audio BHK 600?

home Forums General Discussion Majestic 745s and PS Audio BHK 600?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ChrisSoundLab
      Participant

Hello Jeff,
        I looked up the manual for PS Audio BHK600 – see attached.
        It says that it is good down to 2 Ohms for musical transients …

I am surprised that they responded to Keith that they could not power the Sound Lab, except that there is a very high likelihood that they do not know how easy the Sound Lab is to drive (since newer versions after 2006-ish, and especially after 2012)

There is, however, one possibility that they have a overly-sensitive protection circuit – and because Sound Lab’s are so fast to respond to music signal, they demand the fastest response from amplifiers – some amps see this as a ‘threat’ and go into protection (turn off for a few seconds and turn back on usually)

Let me know if you have any other questions – I actually use a 60W David Berning amp and it performs amazingly and I can get 90-95db response from Sound lab’s largest panels in a large room…And Benchmark AHB2 never ever misses a beat.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.

I was considering the PS Audio amps, as well, with my Ultimate 845’s. I called PS and they said that their amps would not properly power the panels. I was kind of surprised that they were so forthright.

But… I’m now using four subs with my panels which may open up opportunities for “lower” powered amps now. I’m currently running Sanders Magtech amps to good effect, but I’m looking for some tube juiciness.

jeffreybehr
        Participant

Anyone use this combination? Or with a different modern SL speaker? I’m leaning toward this combination along with improved Atma-Sphere MA-1s for use when we’re not refrigirating our home in the Sonoran Desert.

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.