New speakers in the house

home Forums General Discussion New speakers in the house

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      hifibuff
      Participant

Atama Sphere MA-1 work wonderful with my A3 and Magnan cables. My updated backplates have new mixers, AU tranformner running no x-over.

kilkil
        Participant

I’m glad you get to re-enjoy the 57s. Good luck on your future soundlabs.

rluciano
          Participant

I still don’t have SoundLabs yet, but I moved my Quad ESL57s to my office, a room 1/2 the size of old listening room. And I too sit about 5′ away. Much better bass is the result.

Once the world goes back to normal, I’ll order a pair of SoundLabs.

kilkil
            Participant

I’ve thought about upgrading amplification, i haven’t committed yet.

They are being powered by Pass XA30.5 currently. I’m currently thinking Pass XA100.8 as the upgrade, though X350.8 has been recommended, but i wanted to stay in class A.

I’ve heard good things about the Atma Sphere line.

I’ve done many side by side comparisons with tube headphone amps vs my DIY Dynahi amp (overbuilt class A solid state) and always preferred the Dynahi. Thus i’ve never seriously looked at tube amps.

BelleMusique
              Participant

I’ve moved from Quad ESL 2912 to Soundlab A3. I’m very happy with this evolution of my system. Soundlab are much better in every possible way. I’m looking now to upgrade my amplification. If some of you have Atma Sphere MA-1 for sale, keep me posted please.

kilkil
                Participant

Thanks. After 4 months, i still love them.

One of the bigger shocks is that moving the Quads to my office, they sound more impressive, more bass and feels more dynamic (a little more wilson like in harder hitting). The room is effectively smaller and i’m only 4 feet from the speakers.

Anonymous

Late to the party, but congrats!

kilkil
                    Participant

Thanks, they were on amart.

John V
                      Participant

Congratulations! Enjoy them, I’m sure they sound wonderful.

Were these the units recently advertised on Amart or Agon?

John
                        Ultimate 890

kilkil
                        Participant

I just acquired a pair of Prostat 922, recently re-mylared, Toroid II, and updated stators.
                          I’m coming from Quad 2905. So far, these have amazing midrange, the bass is more impactful, and definitely sound more realistic than the quads.

Attachments:
                          You must be logged in to view attached files.
                      Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.