Sound Lab Auras for sale: Hot Rod plates, Mylar needs to be redone.

home Forums For Sale Sound Lab Auras for sale: Hot Rod plates, Mylar needs to be redone.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ernestov
      Participant

I have a pair of A1s for sale as well without the Toroid transformers, they will also need the mylar to be re-done. Any offers???

Courtenay Osborne
        Participant

PerthPete,

I called SoundLab today to get the build info on the Aura. It does have the Toroid I transformer. SoundLab says Toroid 2 is physically too big to mount on the Aura plate.

Regards,

Courtenay

Anonymous

Is that the newer Toroid 2, or the older first Toroid introduced ? The newer one looks to be encased in grey. Cheers

Courtenay Osborne
            Participant

PerthPete,

The Hot Rod plates do have the Toroid transformer for the upper frequencies.

Regards,

Courtenay Osborn

Anonymous

Hi. Just to ask – the ad says that these have the Hot Rod plates. Do they have the Toroid II as well ? Not sure if this model uses the same Toroid as the M1’s etc

Courtenay Osborne
                Participant

I live in the Chicago area. Have to move to an apartment. Hope to find a good home for the Aura’s. The mylar on both speakers needs to be redone. Sound Lab says it will cost about $1300.00

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.