The SL room at CAS9

home Forums General Discussion The SL room at CAS9

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      TWB

The CAS9 Awards

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        TWB

Here is a review from Dagogo of the SL room at CAS9

2019 CAS Report by Dave Radlauer

Sound Lab Majestic 645 electrostatic speaker system, Room 5201.

Local dealer Ultimate Audio offers a very simple and successful setup for the massive Sound Lab curved electrostatic panels. They behave quite well in the tiny hotel room, offering good imaging from almost every spot. Yet these elegant reproducers could easily fill a grand ballroom with full-range sound. Sound Lab revels in producing the distinctly lifelike presence and rich ambience that is only found in such a masterful, mature execution of panelspeaker technology.

In the minimalist Sound Labs setup, highly transparent Bricasti Design solid-state electronics provided the streaming audio and amplification. Elegant Bricasti gear was also found in other good-sounding rooms.

Statement products like this justify attending exhibitions, demonstrating what is possible in the audio arts far beyond what will ever be feasible for most of us. Yet, we can be vicariously thrilled at the level of aspiration and achievement — perhaps even folly –like that which once transported humanity to the Moon.

Attachments:
          MikeB
          Participant

Missing it, it’s good to know that the new forum is up…Thanks Mark! It’s also nice to see the pics of the M645’s and of course, to see a recent picture of Roger.

MikeB

mark
            Keymaster

Great pictures, Tom!

I removed the upload file size limit, so you won’t get an error message. This is gone:

Upload Errors: Screen-Shot-2019-07-30-at-10.43.39-AM.png: File exceeds allowed file size.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by mark.
              John V
              Participant

Thanks Tom, I hope the show met everyone’s expectations!

John

ghenschke
                Participant

Thanks for the photos Tom!
                  George

jlbj
                  Participant

Thanks Tom, Dr. West looks quite well. He has certainly done some good work on his design which I am sure has brought him much satisfaction. As Ralph Karsten from Atma-Sphere Music Systems states in a recent Audiogon thread, that Sound Lab is State of The Art in Electrostatic speaker design. As a owner of his products for the last thirty years, I would have to agree.

John

TWB

Here are a few photos- the room with Roger, yours truly, and the equipment list. The music was streamed from Tidal and Qobuz via a Roon Nucleus. I will post more photos asap.

Attachments:
                  Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.