Tidal vs Qobuz

home Forums General Discussion Tidal vs Qobuz

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I retired Tidal in favor of Qobuz Studio. I’ll pass on lossy “high rez” in favor of true lossless 24 bit content where the sound quality can definitely be better. MQA is a revenue model, not a solution to a real problem faced today.

chungjh
        Participant

Lumin x1 is around $10,000. Do you think it is worth the cost? I am using Lumin U1 mini.

TWB

It depends on the recording. Regular CD can sound great when engineered well. HiRez can sound poorly when not well done. Great HiRez can be extremely good, better than most CD. Of course, if your system is not great, you might not be able to tell the difference easily. My digital playback has evolved and improved greatly over the years. (Keces LPS powering Roon Nucleus and ethernet switch >Fiber Optic conversion >Lumin X-1) Everything matters!

chungjh
            Participant

Do you think there is noticeable difference between hi-rez and CD quality either source? I heard that most people can’t tell the difference.

TWB

I subscribe to both and use Roon. SQ about the same- both very good, so much so it’s my main source. If I search in Roon, it will offer up choices from either or both.

chungjh
                Participant

This Tidal vs Qobuz topic has been discussed in many forums. But, I was curious what SL listeners feel about the SQ of the two main streaming services. Some say Spotify Premium is better than Tidal. What do you all think?

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.