T2 and Hot Rod Updates: Can someone please explain how these improve the sound?

home Forums General Discussion T2 and Hot Rod Updates: Can someone please explain how these improve the sound?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ernestov
      Participant

Presently all SoundLab speakers ordered come with Consummate backplates as a standard feature. There is nothing that needs upgrading any more.

ghenschke
        Participant

Hi All, just FYI, unless Sound Lab recently changed it, the name of the backplates is “Consummate”. These have the Toroid II AND Hot Rod features. If you’ve been searching the web for “Commensurate” you might get some more hits with Consummate.

Anonymous

Yes, that was a term used to describe them. Here’s another link with info:

A3 – what are the latest updates for backplates ?

ernestov
            Participant

There are multiple threads discussing this same issue in the forum. You might want to do a search.

BounceHit
              Participant

To all, I apologize if my question is a naive one, but I found few resources explaining what it seems as an important SL question!

Thank you @Ralph! Does “Commensurate” refer to T2 transformers vs. T1?

Best,

BH

Anonymous

Hi,

I purchased my U1s with the Hot Rod update installed. Duke said the difference has to do with better passive parts including low noise Vishay resistors and more linear capacitors. Can’t give you a before and after perspective, but the improvements should be a more refined sound.

I did update to the Commensurate transformers which improved efficiency and bass response a bit. More output with same power.

BounceHit
                  Participant

And what exactly “is” the Hot Rod update? Thank you!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.